Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Strategy 4

It states in the book that each deeper layer of the iceberg of conflict represents something that does not appear on its surface, yet adds weight immobility, and hidden meaning to our arguments when we are in conflict.The author then goes on to say that when we go deep enough and do not become stuck on the surface, we can experience genuine empathy and awareness of our interconnection with the other person, even the one who is upsetting us. I understand this because when I am in a conflict with someone, if I have said something hurtful, I start to think well, "what if that person had said that to me? how would I feel?" I really do think that we can all connect with each and every person on some level even the ones we are having a conflict with. If we look past the conflict and dig deeper we will all realize that we are all human beings with real feelings, and we do have common feelings. We are all connected.

No comments:

Post a Comment